What is it like being around people that eat meat?! Well, I think it is more difficult for them than it is for me. Lol. I am perfectly with not eating any meat. I can pretty much form a great meal out of anything!
Today, had family come over. My significant other is a meat eater and so is his family. They try really hard to work with the way I eat, and I greatly appreciate that! It was a grill day for them with burgers, but I didn’t have any veggie burgers. That is okay, I had some yummy Morning Star Buffalo Chik Patties in the freezer. I was able to pull together a quick meatless dinner.
We were supposed to see the SpaceX launch today in Florida, but it was canceled last minute, which is why we were having a family gathering on a Monday lol. The weather was perfect for it too, but they have not released any information as to why it was not launched. (Yes, launching “things” is space is an environmental hazard. I will be posting about the effects it has on the environment in a later post. Is it still cool to see, most definitely, do I agree with it…not sure…still have a lot of research ahead of me!)
Back to the food!
Time: 20 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
- 1 Morning Star Chik Patty (Or any other brand of veggie patty, Gardein, Beyond Meat, Boca and more!)
- 1/2 an onion chopped
- 1/2 tomato
- 1 slice of your favorite cheese (regular or vegan- this is meatless Monday, not vegan Monday; everyone can do this!)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Season Salt
- 1-8 ears of corn (Depends how many people are eating)
- 1 package of buns for burgers (we had pretzel buns)
- Get the water boiling for the corn.
- Turn the oven on to 375 degrees to cook the Chik Patty (follow package).
- Turn a medium skillet with the olive oil and sauté the onion with the season salt.
- Cook the corn for minimum of 10 minutes.
- I like my buns toasted, so throw on the grill or put in the oven.
- Everything should be done at the same time!!
Below are some pictures, not as clean cut as I would like, but hey, not bad for a fast meal because we thought we were about to run out! Literally, just grabbed some ingredients in the house and put it together! Yummmm and super filling! Let me know what you think!