One of the best weeks out of the year! It is a time to celebrate the planet that gives us all life. The planet that nourishes our very existence. To this beautiful planet called Earth, we owe our thanks. Not all planets are able to sustain life, such as ours. We must be grateful for the gifts she has given us.
Take this week as a time to meditate on ways you can help our planet. For she is now dying by our hand. The amount of pollution and destruction we have caused, it is said if we continue on our current path, our planet will cease to exist.
What are some simple things you can do to honor the planet?
- Plant something!
- Plant potatoes if they start to grow roots, you are recycling and growing your own food!
- Plant the bottom ends of lettuce instead of throwing them out.
- Plant the tops of a pineapple
- Host a recycling drive:
- Have people bring their recyclables to you if they do not have access to recycling. My first apartment complex did not recycle. I would bag up all my plastics and fold all my cardboard and take them to the right place. Just because my apartment did not have a recycling aspect did not mean I was not going to do my part because it was not convenient.
- Host an event to raise awareness about plastic pollution and how it is harming our environment!
- Attend a local event at your park on Earth Day, April 22nd, 2018!
Be apart of the change!! Save our planet. If you have other great ideas, please share them!