These taste fahmazing!! Yes, fah…mazing!
I never really loved hotdogs growing up, but I did eat a lot of those processed ones that were chicken that my mom would make for me. I pretty much went rogue Vegan when I was in middle school. It was a choice and it was great with the support I had from my friends that were like minded. We all enjoyed eating various vegan products and sharing them with each other. Veggie hotdogs were one of them, but as an adult I kinda forgot about them. Mainly because I was always around people who consumed meat and I never really found the need to eat anything grilled because it was primarily foods I did not eat, nor want.
Then a few years ago, a very good friend of mine and former boss, re-introduced me to the wonderful vegan hotdogs! We were at a fancy South Beach pool party and she had just converted to Veganism and becoming a vegan chef. She had these hotdogs that were for people like us. It was able to stand up to the heat of the grill, the texture was smooth and delicious and the toppings were endless!
Today I bring to you my creation of the Veggie Hotdog!! I really hope you give it a chance, whether you enjoy or dislike hotdogs, this is a must!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Smart Dogs -veggie dogs
- Hot dog buns
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 2 slices cheese
- 1/2 Hass avocado
- olive oil cooking spray
- Turn your grill on to medium/high heat!
- Turn the stove on to medium heat.
- Dice the onions and slice the mushrooms.
- Let them sauté for 5 minutes.
- Get your hot dogs out and head to the grill! Make sure you oil them evenly.
- Add tot he grill and cook following the instructions. (make sure to rotate them).
- Take your buns and toast them on the grill.
- Cut, peel and dice your avocado.
- Now, the best part! ASSEMBLE the DOG!
- Toasted bun
- Hot dog
- Mushroom onion mixture.
Below are the picture of the yummylicious hot dogs!! Trust me you will LOVE them!! Let me know if you experimented with any other recipes!