Okay, I’ll admit it, I hate salads. Yes, I said it!! I was a ballerina for so long that I was forced to eat salads all the time. However, going meatless does not necessarily mean you HAVE to eat them all the time. It does mean that you can make them more fun!
I know I have been away for a while and I apologize if anyone is still out there!! I have another post that will explain my disappearance.
Salads, what do you use for the base? Well, anything that is green and leafy. You can use regular romaine lettuce, ice berg lettuce, spinach, kale, chard, and more yummy greens!!
Now, that you have your base, just sprinkle on the toppings!!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Base: I used Romaine Lettuce
- Morningstar Buffalo Chik’n Patty cooked via package directions (this is the only item we are cooking which takes about 20 minutes)
- 1 Mandarin (Orange or any other citrus fruit)
- Golden Kiwi ( I did not even know this was a type of of kiwi until last week lol!!)
- Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Agave
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Cook the chik’n patty
- Lay down the lettuce (or whatever green of your choice) in your bowl or plate.
- Peel the mandarins and slice the strawberries
- Add the walnuts, strawberries, mandarins, chia seeds, carrots and chopped chik’n patty.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk together.
- Boooom! Just like that the salad is ready to assemble!!
I hope you guys enjoy the salad!! Let me know about any variations you decide wit the salad toppings!! Check out the pictures below!! Happy Meatless Monday!!